, Second Edition is a four-skills, standards–based program for beginning students of English. The gradually accelerating pace of the book instills confidence in students as they establish a solid foundation in the basics of English, in a low-anxiety environment. The picture dictionary
art teaches life–skills vocabulary in a clear and visual way. The gradually accelerating pace of the book
instills confidence in students as they establish a solid foundation in the basics of English.
- Instills confidence with students who have minimal first–language skills
- Addresses the multilevel beginner class with two distinct workbooks: beginning and literacy
- Relevant content and vocabulary leads to successful real–life applications of lessons
- Includes practice finding main ideas and other comprehension skills
- Writing lessons provide structured writing experiences that encourage students to personalize the vocabulary and grammar
- Full-page, dynamic picture dictionary unit openers set the scene for units and provide the context for the key vocabulary items and language
- Our Cultures sections with photos and graphic organizers help students discuss and compare their native cultures with others
- Engaging cast of characters teach life-skills vocabulary in a clear and visual way
- Flexible design and rich ancillaries accommodate programs with 84 to over 200 hours of classroom instruction.
- Activities correlated to CASAS, EFF, BEST Literacy, TABE CLAS–E and other key standards prepare students
to master a broad range of critical competencies.
- Two different workbooks for multilevel classes. The literacy workbook with audio CD is designed for students
who do not have foundational literacy skills in their first language. The regular workbook provides supplemental
practice in vocabulary, listening, reading, test–taking and online computer activities for each unit.
- My Life activity boxes offer students the opportunity to personalize new vocabulary and concepts while participating
in communication activities.