This book makes American English phrases “duck soup.” 101 American English Idioms
takes the mystery out of these common U.S. expressions and explains their meanings in context. On the audio CD, native speakers read each of the 101 idioms, so you can hear howAmerican English sounds and practice what you have learned.
What Americans really mean when they say . . .
- Drive someone up a wall—annoy someone greatly
- Raise a stink—protest strongly
- Pull someone’s leg—fool someone
- All thumbs—clumsy
- Shoot the breeze—chat informally
- Feel like a million dollars—feel wonderful
- Duck soup—easy, effortless