This multi-level workbook teaches students to read and write American handwriting. It is a step-by-step instruction workbook for handwriting in the context of filling out basic forms. Both printed and cursive forms of common handwriting are taught using spacing appropriate for adults and adolescents. American Handwriting was developed for those in the workplace or classroom who do not read or write the Roman alphabet.
Upon successful completion students will be able to read, write and print the following:
- First name, last name and middle initial
- Address--including house number, street, apartment number, city, state and zip code
- Address a letter
- American expression of dates and birth date
- Numbers and how to write a check
- American money and time expressions
- Enter a Social Security Number, telephone number and driver's license number on a form
- Fill out basic application forms, money orders, telephone messages, Library Card applications, party invitations and more!