The essential strategies beginning students need to become successful readers and writers.
provides a solid foundation of balanced instruction to ensure success:
- Phonics and word recognition strategies develop vocabulary
- Learning goals empower students
- Pre-reading and active reading strategies engage students
- Writing process instruction builds on students' experiences
- Reading, writing, and critical thinking skills are integrated into every lesson
Introductory Book and Book 1 emphasize short reading selections containing common words; phonics instruction, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
Books 2 and 3 emphasize literary and informational reading selections; phonics, word recognition, comprehension, and critical thinking strategies.
The Teacher's Resource Guide for each level contains:
- Lesson notes and extension activities
- Photocopy masters and graphic organizers