The Laubach Way to Reading
series is a four–level, time–tested method that has taught millions of adults to read. It is ideal for adult learners who have little or no reading skills and require a uniform, step–by–step approach to reading. Use in conjunction with the Laubach Way to English
teacher manuals for ESL students.
The Laubach method was developed specifically to help adults with limited or no reading skills achieve success and become confident readers. This structured, phonics–based series works even with learners who have had negative experiences with other reading programs.
Laubach Way to Reading is based on Dr. Frank Laubach's years of research in teaching adults. The series begins with establishing the letter–sound relationships through the use of one–of–a–kind phonics charts. Then, learners progress step–by–step from the known—spoken words, to the unknown—written words.
Skill Book 1:
- Sounds and Names of Letters
- Name and sound for each letter in the alphablet
- Controlled vocabulary containing 132 words
The essential foundation is word attack and comprehension skills which will be mastered in subsequent levels
- Extension of the student skill book lessons
- A variety of oral and written activities on vocabulary and grammar concepts
- Pick up where student skill books leave off
- Give students independent reading practice
- Offer detailed lesson notes
Reduced student skill book pages for easy lesson planning