Teaching Adult ESL
is the first comprehensive, yet practical overview of adult ESL teaching methodology
for teachers and teachers in preparation. The user–friendly guide provides guidance in lesson planning, classroom management, selecting materials and assessment.
- Readings do not assume knowledge of terms and concepts and provide many examples of how theory actually plays out in the classroom
- Moves from an overview of the field to specific techniques for teaching language skills and life–skill competencies
- Offers practical guidance in lesson planning, classroom management, materials selection, and assessment
- Illustrates key points with examples from real–life adult classes
- Offers guidance on meeting national and state standards, as well as accountability measures