Inside Listening and Speaking
features explicit skills instruction, providing the foundation for academic
achievement. Acquisition of the Academic Word List provides students with the language they need for studying
academic content areas. Inside Listening and Speaking
includes five levels of student books, access to the
Digital Download Center, and Teacher Support.
- Explicit skills instruction, such as note–taking, listening for key concepts, giving presentations, and asking
for clarification, develop effective speaking and listening.
- High–interest media content, including original BBC videos, lectures, presentations, study sessions, and group
discussions, develop listening skills in a variety of academic contexts.
- Pronunciation instruction ensures students are articulate, clear speakers.
- Digital Resources for Teachers—iTools USB classroom presentation tool brings together the student book on
screen, complete audio and video program, answer keys, and teacher resources, including a comprehensive
assessment program. There is an iTools via USB drive providing teacher support for every level.
- Digital Download Center—An online resource with videos and audio recordings at: