, Third Edition, is a citizenship preparation program that gives students the proper tools
for success in becoming an American citizen. With plenty of self–directed activities and an interview DVD
, it is
appropriate for both classroom use and self–study.
A comprehensive audio program is included with each student book and the interactive DVD showcases three
complete interviews, interview skills, and quiz preparation for the 100 questions. Interview skills featured in
each chapter ensure students develop the English and non–verbal skills necessary for passing the interview.
Civics sections provide students with opportunities to become involved in their local communities.
- Connect to the Topic: Each chapter starts with a true story of an immigrant to the United States which helps
- Readings. The readings focus on important topics in the U.S. history and government that students must
learn to pass the civics test at their interview
- 100 History and Government Questions: These are the actual questions from the U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS) that might be asked at the citizenship test. They also appear on the DVD and
can be answered interactivity with their TV remote.
- N-400 application: Each chapter focuses on a portion of the N-400 application for Naturalization.
Definitions and explanations of the questions and vocabulary on the N-400 help students understand so
that they can formulate their answers.
- The USCIS Interview: Each chapter has a section that introduces important interview skills such as asking
for clarification or repetition and then follows with activities that practice these strategies… These are also
modeled on the DVD to help ensure comprehension.