Vanessa Caceres, Barbara Denman, chris Mahdesian, Christy Newman, Jill Korey O'Sullivan, Janet Podnecky, Renata Russo, Jenni Currie Santamaria, Jane Spigarelli, sandy Wagner, Lise Wanage, Ingrid Wisniewska
Step Forward is the best–selling standards–based, four–skills course that improves student outcomes by integrating language instruction into real–life contexts. The program ensures learners’ mastery of the language related to civics, the workplace, the community, and academics.
- A consistent unit sequence includes vocabulary, life stories, grammar, everyday conversation, and real–life reading, carefully developing learners’ skills.
- A transparent lesson structure makes the text accessible to learners, while minimizing preparation time.
- Strong vocabulary and grammar strands provide learners with the tools they need to achieve civics, workplace, life–skills, and academic competencies.
- All Step Forward program components support multilevel instruction.
- Varied instructional strategies and clear identification of objectives contribute to learner persistence.
- A variety of assessment tools allow teachers and learners to monitor progress.
The Step–by–Step Lesson Plans provide strategies for conducting Student Book activities and applying the lesson to the multilevel classroom. It offers interleaved student book pages, detailed lesson plans with multilevel teaching strategies and tips, and a CD–ROM of printable multilevel grammar practice.
Audio CDs include the vocabulary, focused listening exercises, conversations, pronunciation, and reading materials from the Student Book.
This test–generating software provides ready–made tests as well as hundreds of multiple–choice and life–skill items for creating and customizing tests.
Each level features over 100 reproducible communication activities to complement the multilevel classroom through a variety of pair, small group, and whole–class activities. Includes over 140 picture cards for the first three levels, which are ideal for practicing key vocabulary and grammar.
Reproducible student practice pages for literacy–level students include a focus on phonics, sight words, and listening for target sounds.
Offer a wealth of additional exercises for independent practice, review, or homework.
Offers research–based teaching strategies, tasks and reproducible activities, to support teachers in building a repertoire of effective instructional strategies.
Step Forward Online is a new website that is available to students for FREE. It is easy to access, and students can practice their English with interactive vocabulary, grammar, listening, and reading activities. Levels 1-4 are available online. Visit Step Forward Online at: www.oup.com/elt/stepforward.
The Step Forward companion website offers additional resources at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/ stepforward.