Interchange Fourth Edition has been revised to reflect the most recent approaches to language teaching and learning. It remains the innovative series teachers and students have grown to love, while incorporating suggestions from teachers and students all over the world. This edition offers updated content in every unit, grammar practice, and opportunities to develop speaking and listening skills. Interchange Fourth Edition features contemporary topics and a strong focus on both accuracy and fluency. Its successful multi–skills syllabus integrates themes, grammar, functions, vocabulary, and pronunciation. The underlying philosophy of the course remains that language is best learned when it’s used for meaningful communication.
- A proven multi–skills syllabus
- A focus on accuracy and fluency
- Contemporary, real–world topics
- Natural, conversational language
- Grammar in communicative contexts
- Task–based listening activities
- A thorough pronunciation syllabus
- Frequent learner–centered progress checks
The student book is intended for classroom use and contains 16 six–page units. The self–study DVD–ROM provides additional vocabulary, grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and full class video–viewing practice. Every unit contains two cycles, each of which has a specific topic, grammar point, and function. The units contain a variety of exercises that present and practice vocabulary, grammar, functions, speaking, pronunciation, listening, writing, and reading.
The workbook’s six–page units can be used in class or for homework. Each unit provides students with additional grammar, vocabulary, reading, and writing practice.
The interleaved teacher’s guide with assessment audio CD/CD–ROM includes:
- Page–by–page teaching notes with step–by–step lesson plans
- Audio scripts and answer keys for the student book, workbook, and DVD
- Language summaries of the new vocabulary and expressions in each unit
- Supplementary resource overviews that make it easy to plan what to teach for each unit
- A complete assessment program, including oral and written quizzes, as well as review unit tests in printable formats.
- Audio MP3s, audio scripts, and answer keys for the tests and quizzes.
The class audio CDs are intended for classroom use. They provide audio for all of the audio sections in the student book.
Presentation Plus Software
Each level of presentation plus contains the student book with answers, the workbook with answers, the class audio with script, the video with script, the video activities with answers, the complete Arcade (available online), as well as a link to Cambridge Dictionaries Online. It can be usable with a computer and projector or an interactive whiteboard.