CHOICE READINGS (First Edition)
Using the popular format of Reader's Choice, Choice Readings introduces intermediate students to the skills and strategies of independent and efficient reading.
Choice Readings provides a wide range of authentic reading experiences:
- Essays and editorials sharpen critical reading skills.
- The needs of today's international language learners are reflected in the science and business features as well as in magazine and newspaper articles on topics of widespread interest.
- Maps, charts, and graphs complement many of the prose selections.
- Fiction provides opportunities for students to stretch their imaginations.
- Cartoons provide insight into human nature and cultural differences.
- Reading selections include airline terminal and campus maps, magazine graphics, newspaper articles, advice columns, technical prose, poetry, questionnaires, and a college application and tuition chart.
An answer key is included.