PERFECT PHRASES FOR ESL EVERDAY SITUATIONS
How do you ask for directions? What questions should you ask a potential babysitter? How do you explain your allergies to a healthcare professional? This handy reference is your guide to surviving and thriving in the United States, whether as a visitor or as a long–term resident. Hundreds of ready–to–use English phrases will help you converse with people you meet, speak with business owners and their employees, and become engaged in U.S. society. Inside find examples of Perfect Phrases for:
- The doctor: Are there any side effects with this medication?
- The library: Do you have audiobooks?
- The service station: My insurance company wants the estimate in writing.
- The bank: I’d like to talk to someone about a home equity loan.
- The dentist: This is where it hurts.