This is a huge resource of 2,400 ideas and cues for speaking strategies and activities for individuals, pairs, and small groups. There are over 80 topics with 100’s of examples.
It’s a great book to keep on a desk for lesson planning and conversation & skits ideas.
The goal of this book is to get students talking in practical and meaningful contexts (cultural, social, commercial, life skills); give teachers many more options for speaking activities; be a quick teacher–time–saving reference; and give teachers ideas for easily creating original speaking activities & materials.
Ways to make typical lesson components even more communicative:
- 50 ways to talk about pictures
- 40 ways to talk about literature
- 25 ways to talk about video clips
- 25 ways to use textbook dialogues for more speaking
- 100 examples of how to turn grammar into speaking
- 65 ways to talk about portraits (magazine people, clip art characters)
Power Talk is a companion book to the best–selling Over 1,000 Conversation Starters. The difference is that book is a manual of procedures for setting up a speaking–charged classroom and has specific paired–speaking stimuli. Power Talk focuses on speaking strategies and activities for individuals, pairs, and groups.