STREETWISE ITALIAN DICTIONARY/THESAURUS
Add spark to your everyday casual conversation by learning how to use Italian slang and expressions appropriately. Streetwise Italian Dictionary/Thesaurus gets you talking like you're cool without getting you into hot water!
Frustrated by Italian slang? No need to calare le brache (lit., pull down one’s pants––surrender), chiudere bottega (lit. to close up shop––to give up), or perdere le staffe (lit., to lose the stirrups––lose one’s temper). With this book, you can trovare l’America (lit., discover America––find happiness). Inside you will find just the right expression you are looking for instantly. And whimsical illustrations get the message across with laugh–out–loud humor.
Streetwise Italian Dictionary/Thesaurus is a cinch to use for quick reference or browsing, featuring:
- More than 2,500 current terms and expressions
- A–Z thematic arrangement in 34 English themes and 158 subcategories
- Literal meanings, example sentences for context, and entertaining exercises to develop active vocabulary
- Helpful illustrations of 12 typical Italian gestures
- Italian–English dictionary/index that cross–references all 2,500 terms and expressions included in the thesaurus
Worried you’ll be called un cervello di gallina (lit., hen’s brain––not too smart)? Whether you're a student, tourist, or business traveler, whatever the topic of your conversation––be it art, health, sex, or work––Streetwise Italian Dictionary/Thesaurus will have you comfortable using slang and talking like you're “with it“ in no time at all.