PROGETTO ITALIANO JUNIOR
PROGETTO ITALIANO JUNIOR FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS
Progetto Italiano Junior is a course designed for students pre–adolescents and adolescents
(11-17 years) as beginners or false beginners. It is not merely a copy of Nuovo Progetto Italiano, but it is based on its structure. Each unit contains a comic-story that develops the topic of the unit and tells the story of five young players who
accompany the students in the three volumes of this language course.
Progetto Italiano Junior addresses issues and themes that are familiar to students by exposing them to everyday language and sociocultural Italian presented through exciting stories in comics. The characters are 5 Italian children, with whom students can identify because they have the same interests, face the same problems, have their own issues and experiences—all seen with realism and the necessary dose of humor.
- 6 units—each of which is divided into two sub–units for a more gradual learning experience
- A balance between communicative and grammatical elements introduced in easy–to–understand lessons
- The sections on Italian civilization are structured as a youth magazine, with news and information on aspects of the Italian most affecting adolescents
- The exercises section is in color and includes an exercise in phonetic units
- The contents of the units (parties, music, school, friends, technology, etc.) are adapted to the new and young audience at which it is addressed
- Communicative functions and colloquial expressions in the dialogues are repeated by specific re–use
- A the end of each unit, “Progettiamo!” invites students to put into practice what is learned
- There are quizzes and games to explore issues and aspects of the lives of young people and to enhance and reuse frequently used vocabulary
- A full grammar appendix addresses all aspects of studied grammar
Progetto Italiano Junior for English Speakers is the bilingual version of Projetto Italiano Junior. All instructions and grammatical notes are in English and there is an English glossary included. The content and structure of the course is identical to the the monolingual version, and includes exercise chapters and a CD. The teacher's guide and IWB Software is used with this version as well.
i-d- e-e.it, an online platform that incorporates all the exercises from the workbook in interactive form, and a collection of tools and resources for students and teachers. There is a code inside each student book to access the site.
The teacher's guides/answer keys are downloadable above. Level 1 Teacher's Guide available under the Brochure icon. Level 2 Teacher's Guide available under the Media Kit icon. Level 3 Teacher's Guide available under the Activity Sheet icon.